Guest Blogger Marianne, Nordic Bliss.

I would like to introduce Guest Blogger, Marianne from Nordic Bliss blog and owner of  her online shop,  I'm very excited to be able to have Marianne here today, as I have been following her blog for a while now and watching as her new online venture unfolds,  I'm sure you will find Marianne's  post an inspiration and pleasure to read,  Enjoy!





Hello, my name is Marianne and I've been given the honour to be a guest blogger on Style Space & Stuff, You probably haven't heard of me before so I thought I would start with an introduction. I'm 26 years old and was born in the very North of Norway, up where the sun doesn't shine in the winter and never sets in the summer. After 5 years in Norway our family moved to Sweden, then we moved to Denmark, then we moved back to Sweden, and then (I know, I know, I've written "moved" too many times already) about 5 years ago I decided to move to England to study bringing my Swedish boyfriend with me.

Photographer Ditte Isager

Since then I've finished my studies and gotten married to that Swedish boy. Together we have started to become quite settled here in the UK. Furnishing and decorating our little flat and the rest of the process of creating a home has sparked my interest in interiors and designs. For years I could sit for hours looking through lovely blogs and interior magazines to get inspiration for our own place.

Picture from Alvhem

As I was hunting for pieces for our home I didn't always find what I had in mind and other times when I did find something I liked it was not in a price range of a newly graduated young couple. Being a bit of an optimist who starts projects without realising just how much work is involved I decided to start my own shop - Nordic Bliss (and after convincing my other half that this was a great way to spend our savings). It's our little space online where we sell carefully selected yet affordable products from Nordic brands. I try to focus on smaller brands that are not high street but have potential to become great. So far we have products from Hubsch, Madam Stoltz, Lapland W Design, Ylva Skarp and Shyness.

Pictures from Boligmagasinet and DesignoForm

I've collected a few products that would help keep me warm these cold winter days.


1. Pillow from Fine Little Day 2. Wall paper from Bodie and Fou 3. Teapot and Cup by Höganäs from The Lollipop Shoppe 4. Wool rug from Nordic Bliss 5. Felt basket from Nordic Bliss 6. Log side table from West Elm

It has taken time to find out what "my" style is and of course I have moments when I fall in love with pieces that wouldn't really go well with anything else in our home. But after years of searching I've come to realise that there is a deep rooted Scandi inside me (surprise!). I want white bright rooms - a Scandi cliché perhaps, but as I mentioned - the sun doesn't come up in the winter - we need all the light we can get. Details in natural materials such as cotton and linen and pieces and accents in wood to bring nature inside.

Picture from Livet Hemma (Ikea Live)

I also blog so if you want to see more pictures like these here you are welcome to visit me there.
............................................................................

Thanks once again to Marianne for kindly agreeing to be my Guest Blogger today.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Start a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...