Vintage Rug trend.



Source Pelle Lundquist

Source  Photography byPauliina Salonen


I was going to do a whole post on Pantone's colour of the year, Marsala, been working on it a couple of days too, but you know what? I just don't like the colour,  so I hit the delete button and I'm sharing these pictures of Vintage Persian rugs with you instead, almost  a kind of a spin-off from  the Marsala trend really, while looking for inspiration on Pinterest I noticed more interest  in these kind of rugs, the colours,  even though I hate to admit it, lend themselves beautifully to the Marsala trend, and look good in various setting either modern or more traditional.

What is really bazaar is the fact that when I got married, one wedding present was a sofa and two armchairs in the colour of Marsala from my parents, (we don't have it anymore)  and the another was a vast Persian rug given to us by an unrelated Auntie, who was a little eccentric and had collected many antiques on her travels,  sadly when the rug was taken out of storage it had suffered an infestation of moths who had nibbled a huge  bold patches into it and it would have cost a fortune to have it restored. 
Isn't it funny how trends do full circle sometimes....


No comments :

Post a Comment

Start a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...