The ShopKeeper's Home.



I often have those pie in the sky moments, where I dream about opening up a little shop of my own and filling it with all the items and products that I personally love, but then I'd just want to buy everything myself and take it all home with me, so the next best thing for me is visiting and shopping in little independent Home and Lifestyle shops where I can indulge in the kind  of  retail therapy that you just don't get in big department stores.  I have my favorite haunts here in Jersey that I like to visit, and also a few on  our neighboring island of Guernsey, which are always a treat for the senses. 


Victoria Suffield's home, owner of The Hambledon

If like me you have a love for these kind of independent retail and lifestyle shops then I think you will enjoy a new book that was released last month, by Caroline Rowland of 91 magazine The Shopkeeper's Home by Caroline Rowland, published by Jacqui Small, (£25 Hardback) It is Caroline's first book in which she features beautiful shop interiors from 30 independent stores from around the world and the shopowner’s homes,    its just  like taking a shop tour of all the best little shops  but without leaving your armchair, then getting an invite to take a snoop around their homes picking up decorating tips, and suggestions on ways to store and display everything from books to quirky collections.

Adeline Klam Shop In Paris 

Home of Susan Cropper, owner of Loop Knitting

Home of Sabine Stadtherr home, owner of Room to Dream



Another great feature of the book, is that most, if not all of the shops include their website addresses so you can experience a little retail therapy online, plus check out their social media profiles as well, I've already started following the Instagram account of Room to Dream and my list looks set to grow.  The Shopkeeper's Home looks set to be the perfect coffee table companion for me as we head into winter, gathering ideas and inspiration for me to try out in my own home, and you never know I might just be inspired to set up my own such Lifestyle shop one day, ah a girl can dream....

2 comments :

  1. Right now it appears like Wordpress is the top blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm currently using Blogspot, but I've made changes to the layout etc.

      Delete

Start a conversation!