Simple Cushion Makeover.



I stocked up on some plain grey cotton and linen IKEA cushion covers on my last visit, and these are  perfect for this little transformation, the linen/cotton mix takes the fabric dye really well.
As I couldn't find any stencils locally that I liked, I re-used the star shape one that I used here for my French basket, pretty much following the same steps, but using Dylon Fabric Dye instead, which I bought on Ebay.
A little tip though, before painting on the dye slip a plastic bag inside the cover so that it doesn't leak through to the other side, and I like to add double sided tape to the reverse of the star, this keeps the edges sharper and prevents the dye bleeding underneath, and keeps the stencil from moving about. 



I'm pretty happy with the out come, and its a nice easy way to update a plain cushion cover.

Photography and Styling by Samantha Stansbridge.



Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

4 comments :

  1. It looks GREAT! I love pillows r character :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! May try this with a different shaped stencil.
    http://lovelydeer.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE what you've done to these cushions, they look totally fab! We're looking to revamp our scatter cushions on site and this has got the creative juices flowing...

    ReplyDelete

Start a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...