updated living room.



Hasn't it been a fabulous summer?    September has actually been hotter than August this year,  but now the days are starting to cool down and the nights drawing in, so  Autumn will be here very soon, and to ring in the change in season, I have been doing a bit of updating in the living room to make it feel  cosier in the evening.   I've swapped out the white curtains for some lovely dark charcoal ones, which actually started out as a pinky peachy colour, but transformed using a pack of fabric dye.

Before
I bought these pink linen  ones in the sale at IKEA a while back, but wasn't  really sure of the colour  for the living room, so they had been sitting in the draw for a while, too good to discard but not really sure what to do with them, until I spotted  this post  on Strawberry Dreams blog while doing a bit of blog hopping,  and had a bit  of a light bulb moment, so decided to try dyeing my  pink curtains black, and I'm very pleased with the result! 



If you fancy trying this your self, natural fibers such as linen or cotton take the dye the best, and I used  Dylon Washing Machine Fabric dye in Velvet Black.




1 comment :

  1. Such beautiful designs. Even offices needs such designs ideas. On Homado too designers post great designs

    ReplyDelete

Start a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...