Ideas to steal from Elle Decoration magazine.

I don't know about you, but when it comes to interior décor, well I have many sides to my personal taste, I love a bit of rustic, but not too rustic, perhaps a pallet board here and there, then again I'm rather liking interiors with white walls at the moment, and some times I unleash the  truly feminine  side in me and go all floral, which is why I'm rather liking the June  edition of Elle Decoration at the moment, its got a little of every thing this month, from monochrome to floral, and a bit of rustic thrown in for good measure! 

I'm currently in the middle of a make over in our living room as I type, (stopping every so often to scan the room and work on ideas in my head, magazine in hand) so I have been checking out ideas to steal from the home of fashion Stylist Sofia Ericson and her photographer husband Nils Odier, featured in Elle Decoration this month, an all black and white interior with a hint of green.


White is a great base for a room as it pretty much goes with every other colour, and can act like a blank canvas to work with, but it can feel cold especially in a room that does not get alot of sunlight.  so adding warmth with  textures and vintage wooden furniture can help soften the look, as in this lovely home pictured.

  .

Photo credits Pia Ulin, Styling Lotta Agaton. Magazine article written by Hannah Booth.

Ideas to steal:  To soften and add warmth to a black and white room, add wooden furniture, check out charity and junk shops to find vintage and one off pieces, add texture with rugs, cushions and throws, and incorporate another colour by layering throughout the space. 


Also in this issue is the fresh  floral home of textile designer Fi Douglas, of Bluebellgray.  Blue being one of her favourite colours and in abundance throughtout her home, even the shades of blue are painted  on the stairs which I love and had I the kind of stairs that I could paint I think that might be an idea to steal. Check out Brume for words and number stickers to add to stairs.
Photo credits David Cadzow Magazine article written by Emma Love

These are just a couple of highlights and ideas  from the June issue of Elle Decoration, but the magazine is packed with so much more and well worth finding its way to your coffee table! Available now in all good supermarkets..

         

All images Elle Decoration.
P.S Elle Decoration UK now have a Facebook page here and a Blog is in the pipe lines to stay up to date go here

1 comment :

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Home decor site

    ReplyDelete

Start a conversation!