In our home we are very short on inbuilt storage and cupboard space, so a lot of our prize possessions and clutter is on display 24/7, and I'm always arranging and rearranging things trying to make sure that my everyday items and clutter don't end up looking like a pile of junk!
Here are a few of my favourite images from other blogs, and some simple tips on creating a still life out of your loved items whether it be your favourite magazine collection, family photos or your pots of pens.
- Low floor units, add height with a large picture or plant, creating a focal point that connects the low unit to the space above, drawing the eye up.
- Pile magazines together add a leather strap, and use them as bookends.
- Introduce plants, they instantly add colour and life.
- Work with different heights and odd numbers, items of 3's for example.
- Cluster and layer items together, slightly overlap pictures propped up on units.
- Use different materials, rough, smooth dull shiny
- Use frames, trays or boxes to frame items together.
- Swap things around seasonally or more often if you like.
Just have fun!