Kitchen inspiration.



Well, I'm still dreaming of my ideal kitchen, (you may recall this post) and I'm still gathering ideas for when the magic happens, we have just bought a second-hand one that we are keeping in storage, and when the weather warms up a bit, we hope to get started on it, so many needs doing, I'm dreading all the mess, but hay oh. 

Our house (actually the house belongs to my parents) dates back to the 1800's according to the old marriage stone above our front door, (probably even older than that)  so I don't  want anything too modern, but on the other hand, I don't want anything too oldy worldly either.  Rustic touches with a modern contemporary feel to it, but still within keeping with the house and its age, which is why I love this kind of styling above, it blends old and new together perfectly. 

I like the simple lines, nothing too fussy, with lots of light reflecting surface's white walls, natural flooring and worktops, rustic touches using accessories and to add a modern twist, a kitchen table and chairs such as the Aver Oak and White Extending Dining Table and chairs available from Danetti 
or the Eva 8 Seater White Gloss Dining Table. i particularly like the shape of the legs on this one.






4 comments :

  1. Light, nice kitchen, real dream for every housewife. Thank you, it is liked to read you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I'm hoping to turn my dream into reality very soon :-)

      Delete
  2. These items like dream come true for every housewife...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most wanted kitchen interiors in my practice are the ones with a bold contrast of black details and decor and white (light) cabinets and walls. You simply can't go wrong with it!

    ReplyDelete

Start a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...